Miles & More intends to play a responsible and supportive role with regard to its members in this unusual situation. To that end we have put together some relevant information about rebooking and cancellation.
Rebooking or cancellation
In case of rebooking or cancellation, please contact our service center by phone. We are not able to process your rebooking or cancellation by e-mail. The current goodwill regulations of the airlines also apply to Miles & More award tickets; however please note that the origin and destination may not be changed. Please have your ticket number or booking code ready.
The following rules apply for the rebooking of tickets which are bought from 02.08.2021:
- All Miles & More award tickets can be rebooked as often as you wish before start of travel.
- Flex and Flex Plus award tickets can be rebooked free of charge
- Reduced Fly & Save offers (Mileage Bargains, Fly Smart awards, Early Bird awards) can be rebooked against a reduced change fee of 25€ (per ticket, per person). Please note that the new flight date for rebookings must be within the travel period specified for this offer.
The following rule applies for rebooking of cancelled or existing flights whose tickets were bought between 01.09.2020 and 01.08.2021: you can rebook your Miles &More award ticket free of charge as often as you wish before start of travel. All Lufthansa Group and Miles & More Partner Airlines can be used.
Independent from the date of ticket purchase the following requirements for your Miles & More award ticket must be met:
- Ticket numbers starting with:
220 and flights operated by Austrian Airlines (OS), Lufthansa (LH), Swiss (LX), Eurowings (EW), Eurowings Discover (4Y), Germanwings (4U), Brussels Airlines (SN), Air Dolomiti (EN), Edelweiss Air (WK), Croatia Airlines (OU), Luxair (LG) or LOT Polish Airlines (LO) and also all other Star Alliance- and further Miles & More Airline Partners
or 080 and flights operated by Lufthansa (LH) or LOT Polish Airlines (LO)
- Taxes, fees and airline surcharges will be recalculated when rebooking and, if necessary, the difference debited or refunded.
- Rebookings must be made before the original flight date.
In case of cancellations, a distinction is made between whether a ticket was booked for a regular or a reduced flight award and whether the flight was cancelled by the airline.
|Regular Flight Award
||Fly & Save Award (e.g. Mileage Bargain)
|Ticket unused||full refund possible
||full refund possible|
|Ticket partly used
||partial refund possible||partial refund possible|
Flight not cancelled
|Regular Flight Award||Fly & Save Award (e.g. Mileage Bargain)|
|Ticket unused||refund with a cancellation fee of 50,-EUR||no refund, but rebooking possible|
|Ticket partly used||no refund, but rebooking possible||no refund, but rebooking possible|