As a Miles & More member, we would like to inform you about changes that will take effect from 1 January 2024. You may recall that we wrote to you separately a while ago about the upcoming amendments to our status programme. These also affect our terms and conditions of participation, because status and HON Circle miles will become Points, Qualifying Points and HON Circle Points.
In addition to these changes, the terms and conditions of participation have been amended to reflect technical developments. For example, clauses have been added relating to two-factor authentication, an electronic mailbox that may be offered in the future, and the option of linking your Miles & More member account with Travel ID. To improve transparency, some phrases have been reworded, the structure has been amended, and duplications have been removed.
As joint operators of Miles & More, we – Deutsche Lufthansa AG and Miles & More GmbH – are therefore informing you of changes to the terms and conditions of participation.
You can now view the revised terms and conditions of participation in full at www.miles-and-more.com/tac-details any time. These will go into effect on 1 January 2024.
We have summarised the most important changes for you below:
- Contact details: members are responsible for saving their email address and contact details, and keeping these details up to date (see new section 1.1).
- Conclusion of contract: the options for registering and concluding a membership agreement have been described (see new section 1.2). In addition, the option of allocating a temporary Miles & More service card number and creating a temporary Miles & More membership account – which was previously set out in section 1.2 – has been removed. This is no longer needed following the switch to purely digital registration.
- Electronic mailbox: the rights and obligations associated with a new or current electronic mailbox have been set out (see new section 1.4).
- No Points without miles: a clarification has been added that Points can only be credited for a particular flight if miles are also credited (see new section 2.2.2).
- Paid service: an explanation has also been added which explicitly states that miles can only be redeemed if they have been credited automatically at least once (i.e. not credited retroactively) for the use of a paid service (see new section 2.3.1).
- Travel ID: provisions applicable to linking Travel ID have been added (see new section 3).
NB: Please note that your consent to the revised terms and conditions of participation is deemed to be given if you do not object within two months of receiving this letter either by clicking on the “Object” button when logged in at www.miles-and-more.com/tac-dissent or in writing, for example by using our contact form at www.miles-and-more.com/tac-contact or by sending a letter to:
Miles & More
PO Box 71 08 26
If you object to the revised terms and conditions of participation, we reserve the right to end your membership through ordinary termination pursuant to the terms and conditions of participation.