To enjoy a safe, comfortable drive on the road – that’s what you want when you rent a vehicle. And no matter whether you are on a business trip, a weekend getaway or moving house, you expect everything to be right for you – from fast and easy processing in an ideal location at a convenient time, all the way to the desired vehicle features. With Hertz our members have a strong partner by their side. And to ensure your rental car experience is perfect from start to finish, we spoke to David Kerr – Vice President of Intl. Sales at Hertz. His tips will help you ensure you are perfectly prepared and know how to find the right vehicle for you, how to use your miles for the rental and how to earn additional award miles.
3 questions for David Kerr – Vice President of Intl. Sales at Hertz
1. What tips can you give our members so they can earn more miles?
"At Hertz you earn a minimum of 500 Miles & More award miles on most of your rentals, including vans - whether you are travelling on business or for pleasure. We also recommend that you keep an eye on our special offers throughout the year; this way you can earn even more miles on your rentals. You can also find this information on the Miles & More Hertz partner page. And bear in mind that you can also redeem your award miles on your rentals."
2. What do you recommend to prepare for the perfect rental car experience?
"We recommend becoming a member of our multiple award-winning Hertz Gold Plus Rewards Programme, which makes the rental process much easier and faster. Membership is free and it offers numerous benefits: contactless vehicle pick-up and return, which eliminates the queues, and free upgrades and much more. You can book your rental using your member profile and also store information, such as your preferred vehicle groups or special requirements. What’s more, as a Miles & More member you will never miss out on miles again, because you can store your service card number in your profile so it will be assigned to your rental automatically."
3. What are the must-haves in a rental car - what really matters when you are on the road?
"Our insurance cover ensures you are protected in the event of damage or theft. As with most insurance policies, our limitation of liability for damage to the rental vehicle (CDW) and our theft protection (TP) cover include a compulsory excess. You can remove this compulsory excess by taking out Hertz SuperCover (liability waiver) so you won’t incur any financial liability in the event of loss or damage to the rental vehicle. And during the winter months, our vehicles are fitted with winter tyres that comply with the regulations. We also offer a 24/7 breakdown service to ensure we are always available for you while you are on the road."
A rental experience to suit your taste
At Hertz we have the perfect vehicle for every need. Take your time when choosing your rental car so that you can enjoy a drive where everything just feels right:
- For business trips, for example, we recommend the classic Mercedes C-class.
- With its low fuel consumption, the Ford Fiesta is an especially eco-friendly option.
- If you are driving through the narrow streets of Rome, then the small, nimble Fiat 500 is the right vehicle for you. The Opel Adam is also a great choice for sightseeing in the city - it will fit into any parking space.
- For a road trip through the Highlands, a Range Rover is your best option - comfortable and with a touch of luxury, even when you are off the main roads.
- Are you planning to drive along the coast with the roof down and enjoy the sun, or just escape from the city for a day trip? Look out for a convertible like the Mini Cooper or a BMW 2-series - the fun factor is guaranteed.
- An SUV with 4-wheel drive offers plenty of space for a ski trip in the Alps with the whole family.
Enjoy driving a rental car? But safely.
For Hertz it is important that you feel confident when you rent the vehicle of your choice - from pick-up right through to reliable protection on the road. It goes without saying that our partner complies with cleanliness standards. When you get into a rental car you can be sure that the vehicle has already been comprehensively sanitised and cleaned in accordance with the Hertz Gold Standard Clean Process. You can identify this from the corresponding seal to that effect.
Let us sum up our basic tips so you can prepare for your perfect rental experience and earn miles:
- Do you wish to make sure a vehicle that meets your requirements is available? Book a rental car from Hertz well in advance.
- Don’t want to miss out on any more miles? Create a Hertz profile and store your service card number.
- Choose insurance cover and add-on products to meet your needs.
We hope you have a good trip and have fun earning miles!