We would like to offer you, as a Miles & More member, a perceptible added value and create an even more attractive programme. To achieve that, we are continuing to develop the Miles & More programme. To keep this easy for you to use at the same time, we, together with our joint operators, have established new, easily-understood regulations and have made these transparent for you through the new data protection regulations. It is a matter of special importance for us to ensure that you have full transparency.
The new data protection regulations will enter into effect on 01.12.16.
Miles & More routinely collects the following data from you:
- The card number assigned to you when you opened your Miles & More mileage account ("Miles & More card number").
- Personal data you specified in your enrolment form as well as voluntary personal information you provided in the course of the enrolment or one of the further processes, such as in your profile ("Master Data").
- Information accumulated while earning and redeeming miles ("Programme Data").
- The data required to administer an awarded status, such as the status type or the accumulated status miles earned by you ("Status Data").
- Data collected regarding visits to our online presence or through other communication media (e.g. click data), used exclusively in a manner that ensures your anonymity.
In addition, you can opt to give us permission to receive further information about you, with which you will get even more relevant and specially tailored offers.
Further information regarding data collected by Miles & More can be found at www.miles-and-more.com/privacy-statement-online
Data can be submitted to the joint operators of the programme (a listing can be found at www.miles-and-more.com/joint-partner) in the following cases:
- If you have enrolled for Miles & More via a joint operator, then the master data and the Miles & More card number or a unique user name, as well as data regarding the services of a joint operator, can be submitted to the joint operator.
- When you have achieved a certain status with a joint operator, then we can also submit your status data to the joint operator.
- If the joint operator is an airline and you are resident in the home market of such a joint operator, we can submit your master data and your Miles & More card number, as well as your programme data, to the joint operator.
- If the joint operator is an airline and you undertake a flight with such a joint operator, we can transmit your master data and your program data to the joint operator.
The only time data will be submitted to Miles & More partner companies that are not joint operators is when you have requested a service through us involving a partner company (e.g. an award).
No, an exchange of the members' data between joint operators and partners does not take place. An exception hereto is that airlines belonging to the Lufthansa Group (as listed at www.miles-and-more.com/joint-partner) can administer the Master Data of their members and the programme data collected by an airline of the Lufthansa Group in a joint database.
In the future, you will only be contacted in connection with the Miles & More programme based on the legal provisions related thereto or if you have given consent to be contacted. In the latter instance, you can, as a member, be contacted directly by Miles & More and by the joint operator through whom you have enrolled in the Miles & More programme, with whom who you have achieved a status or to whom you have given further consent. You will only continue to receive offers and information from other partner companies through Miles & More, as long as you have consented thereto.
Miles & More never sells members' data to third parties. Submitting your data to service providers (e.g. for analytical purposes) or to programme partners is strictly carried out in compliance with statutory regulations or with your consent and to the extent defined in the data protection regulations.
We are implementing certain analytical procedures on both the Miles & More website, as well as within our app, that enable us, e.g., to measure user behaviour and transaction data in an anonymous format. On the basis of that data, we are optimising our website and app to tailor these according to your specific needs. However, a personalised analysis of your data will only take place with your consent.
Cookies will be used by Miles & More to make our service as user friendly as possible. Cookies can enrich your experience by allowing the website to learn your preferences. Cookies also assist our web analysis. This enables us to provide you with more relevant and personalised information in the future.
The cookies we use do not save any personal data. The cookies will only contain an identification number, which will not be amalgamated with any data we may have (e.g. on the basis of your registration) unless we have your consent.
In your Miles & More account, you have the option to give us your separate consent to evaluate analytical data on your master and programme data that has been collected while you used our services (e.g. our websites, our app, our newsletter or communication media). On the basis of this data it is possible for us to provide you with relevant, personalised information, tailored to your interests. Without your consent we will only evaluate analytical data in a summarised (aggregated) form.
On our website or in our app, we only use links to Miles & More offers in social networks. We don't pass on any personal data to providers of these social networks through the use of such a link.
We store your personal data on servers in Germany, a member state of the European Union, or in countries that are signatories to the Agreement on the European Economic Area. When service providers are involved, personal data can, according to applicable data protection regulations, be passed on to other countries. These service providers will only use this information on our behalf (e.g. for analytical reasons).
The subject of data protection is of utmost importance to us. We guarantee the integrity of the information entrusted to us by complying with the highest standards of security in our company and all along the supply chain. That applies not only to our IT systems, but also to our staff and service providers, as they are also very sensitive to issues concerning the protection of data. This is exemplified by the fact that data about our members is only stored in Germany and is therefore subject to the especially strict German data protection regulations.